Information We May Collect or Receive
VL collects certain personal information from individuals through their use of our Website. We only collect, use, share, store, or otherwise process your personal information when we have an appropriate basis. For example, we may process your personal information as necessary to provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as our service agreements or with your consent. We may process your personal information when necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of pursuing legitimate interests (such as providing our products and services, responding to your requests, improving the services and the Website, performing internal analytics, enforcing legal claims, and security purposes) if doing so is consistent with your rights and appropriate to the context.
We generally collect or receive information in two ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by emailing us through the link provided on the Website, and (2) we collect information automatically, such as through cookies. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
- Information You Provide
VL collects personal information (i.e., information from which you can be identified) when you voluntarily submit it to us by email through the link provided on the Website or when you sign up to receive newsletters or other information from VL. The types of personal information VL may collect from you include your name, email address, and any information you choose to provide us through the Website or when you otherwise contact us.
- Information Collected Automatically
VL also collects some information automatically when you visit the Website and typically aggregates such data and uses it in a statistical form rather than using it to identify individual users. Examples include cookies, web beacons, or logs that may collect the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Website. We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our Website so that we may improve it and the services we offer. If a combination of information we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information. The following are examples of how we use information automatically collected through our Website:
- Use of Browser and Device Information: Certain information is collected by most browsers automatically through your device, such as your device type, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, and the Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
- Use of IP Addresses: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider or through your organization’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online. The IP address can be used to tell us your general location.
Using and Sharing Information
As a general matter, we use your personal information to provide the services or information you request. For our legitimate interests, consistent with your rights and preferences, we may also use or share your personal information to:
- Communicate with you, respond to your questions/requests, provide you with newsletters or other updates and information related to our products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- Engage with select third-party business partners who provide VL with support services in connection with our Website. Such parties may, from time to time, have access to your information to enable them to provide those services. All business partners are contractually required to meet the same standards of data protection as VL and are prohibited from using the information for other purposes or for their own marketing activities.
- Protect safety when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with VL’s rights, property or operations, other users of this Website, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- Comply with legal obligations, such as when required by law, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
- Maintain the security of our Website and services, resolve or troubleshoot technical issues.
We also reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets, whether through a merger, stock sale, asset sale, bankruptcy, reorganization or similar transaction, in which case your personal information may be transferred to the party that acquires control of our business as a result of that change-of-control transaction.
Information from Users Outside the U.S.
Securing Your Information
We maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to help safeguard information we collect or receive through our Website.
Your Rights and Choices
You can choose not to give us the personal information we request, but in some cases, we will not be able to provide the service or respond to your request. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of your rights and choices, which include the following:
- You may contact us to access personal information we maintain about you, or to correct or amend such information if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete.
- You can opt-out of receiving emails from us, including newsletters or promotional messages, by unsubscribing via the “Unsubscribe” link included in our email communications.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website features.
Additional Privacy Rights and Obligations
In addition to the rights and choices noted above, if you are located in the EEA or Switzerland, you have additional rights, including:
- You can object to our processing of your information.
- You can ask us to erase your information when: it is no longer needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw your consent (when applicable), we have not properly collected or used your information, information was inadvertently collected about a child, or when we have a legal obligation to erase your information.
- You can ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances, including when you feel the information is inaccurate or you have objected to the processing.
- You can ask us to transfer electronic information that you provided to us to you or another organization.
- You can lodge a complaint with an EEA or Swiss supervisory authority, as applicable.
“Do Not Track Signals”
Our Website does not presently respond to browser-based do-not-track signals.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Website. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our Website is not directed to children (or anyone under age 18). We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child has provided us with information, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will delete such information from our systems.
Veracity Logic, LLC
11312 U.S. 15-501 Highway North, Suite 107151
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Attn: Managing Director